Wednesday, June 17, 2009

first charge with the 120 volt cable


My wallbox charging station was installed weeks ago, but apparently Mini has been having a problem getting the charging cable that attaches to the box.  That cable will fully charge the car in only two or three hours (so I'm told) but since there has been a hitch getting the cable out to people, I will be using the 120 volt cable that comes with the car (takes almost a day to fully charge the car! but plugs into any grounded electrical outlet).  We drove #237 into Manhattan and back last night (about a 50 mile round trip) and the driving was great.  Parked in the Village and waited for someone (anyone!) to notice the car.  Only saw one guy pointing towards it and talking to his friend, presumably he knew it was electric.  I have a need for people to notice the car.  What's up with that?  Anyhow, got home late and didn't want to start messing around with the cable and the manual, so waited until today to charge her up.  

4 comments:

  1. Roni,

    Congratulations! It looks great!

    I added you to my list of blogs at:

    http://minie19.wordpress.com/

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roni,

    Found your blog through a search today, sooo.. just wanted to stop by and say what a great Blog title! It's so similar to mine!

    http://mini-e-and-me.blogspot.com/

    LOL!!!

    By the way... Speaking of the "need to get noticed"... Did you know you could get some special "badging" (I think it's a "Mini-E" across both doors?) from the dealer?

    I'm picking up my Mini-E tomorrow from Manhattan Mini and I think I remembered my "Sales Consultant" mentioning that "free option"... But the "Stickers" or whatever they use on the sides of the cars weren't in from California yet... Or something like that!

    Anyway... good luck and happy motoring!

    -Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's weird, that need to be noticed, isn't it? I have some of it myself. For me, part is wanting people to know electric cars are coming, part is probably because I bought the MINI E marketing hoopla. But whatever, I am not polluting as much and I love the car, and people I give a test drive to love the car as well.

    ReplyDelete